You're never responsible for unauthorized
purchases on your Discover card
- We monitor every Discover card purchase every day
and alert you of unusual activity.
- We have 24-hour U.S.–based Fraud Specialists.
- You can now freeze and unfreeze your account in seconds to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.1
- We'll overnight ship you a new card - free - at your request2.
1When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
2Overnight shipping is not available to P.O. Boxes or addresses outside the U.S.
Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
Other Ways To Help Protect Your Account
Update Contact Information
So we can reach you quickly.
Sign Up for Account Alerts
Stay on top of your account activity.
Switch to Secure Online Statements
Reduce the potential of mail fraud.
Ensure your activity is processed and completed.
Create a Strong Password
Help prevent unauthorized online access to your account.
How to Freeze Your Card with the Mobile App
1. Tap "Manage Cards" under the Account menu.
2. Choose which card you'd like to freeze.
3. Tap "Misplaced Card" to temporarily freeze your card (or select Lost or Stolen card when appropriate).
New! The Discover chip card is here. Call 1-800-347-3085 today if you'd like one. Get an additional layer of fraud protection when you shop at stores with chip-enabled terminals. Learn more.
Call our U.S.-based Fraud Specialists any time at 1-866-240-7938
Have questions about protecting your account? Read FAQs