Features & Benefits
24-Hour Towing Service
We'll dispatch the closest towing or wrecker service from over 10,000 facilities nationwide to transport disabled vehicles to an authorized service center of your choice.
Emergency Roadside Assistance
Whether you need a jump-start, a tire changed or fuel delivery, we'll do whatever we can to get you back on the road.
If your keys are accidentally lost or locked inside your car, we'll dispatch a locksmith service to your location.
- * See Roadside Dispatch Terms & Conditions for full details and limitations.
The terms and conditions of this benefit are subject to change at any time. Please visit Discover.com/cardbenefits to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
Roadside Dispatch Terms and Conditions
With this Roadside Dispatch option, Discover Cardmembers have access to emergency road and tow service to assist them during those unexpected encounters on the road. Details of these services are outlined below.
By calling 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683), Discover Cardmembers can access emergency roadside assistance, anywhere in the United States and Canada, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Road America Motor Club will locate the closest service provider from more than 10,000 towing facilities nationwide and dispatch service to the Cardmember's location. The benefits of the program include:
- 24-Hour Toll-Free Assistance Number — One convenient toll-free number provides access to all emergency assistance benefits throughout the United States.
- Emergency Towing and Wrecker Service — Towing/wrecker service for transporting disabled motor vehicles to an authorized service/repair facility, an automobile dealer or to the service repair facility specified by the cardmember.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance* — Jump starts/battery boosts, emergency fuel/fluids delivery (cost of fuel/fluids are payable by Cardmember), tire change (if Cardmember's provided spare is located with the disabled vehicle) to get the Cardmember back on the road.
- Emergency Lockout — 24-hour dispatch service in case keys are accidentally lost or locked inside the car.
*See exclusions below
Who is covered
This coverage is provided to Discover Cardmembers automatically. When accessing the emergency road and tow service, you must identify yourself as a Discover Cardmember eligible for the service and provide your Discover card and/or account number for validation of coverage
The cardmember will pay $69.95, payable in U.S. dollars, per request for service with no additional expense for covered services rendered. Towing assistance will be covered for up to 10 miles from the disablement location for mechanical, collision or tire-related towing episodes. Any additional mileage requested will be at the expense of the Cardmember.
Please Note: For roadside assistance calls cancelled within 15 minutes from the cardmember's original request for service, there will be no charge to the cardmember. There will be a $35.00 fee charged to the cardmember for any calls cancelled after 15 minutes from the original request and for any instances where the independent service provider arrives to the scene and the cardmember's vehicle is no longer at the disablement site. THIS IS NOT A REIMBURSEMENT SERVICE. SERVICES OBTAINED INDEPENDENTLY OF THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT BE COVERED OR REIMBURSED.
Exclusions and Limitations
*The following items are not included as part of the emergency roadside assistance benefit: Cost of parts, replacement keys, fluids, lubricants, or cost of fuel, material, additional labor relating to towing, or the cost of installation of products. Non-emergency mounting or removing of any tires. Tire Repair. Extrication or winching services. Vehicles over 1 ½ tons. Any automobile or other vehicle used in racing or for commercial purposes including but not limited to taxicabs, limousines, and delivery vehicles. Any and all taxes or fines. Damage or disablement due to fire, flood or vandalism. Towing from, service or repair work performed at a service station, garage or repair shop. Service on an automobile or other vehicle that is not in a safe condition to be towed. Non-emergency towing or other non-emergency service. Impound towing or towing by other than an authorized service provider; vehicle storage charges; a second tow for the same disablement. Towing or service on roads not regularly maintained, such as sand beaches, open fields, forests, and areas designated as not passable due to construction, etc. Towing at the direction of a law enforcement officer relating to traffic obstruction, impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking, or other violations of law. Coverage shall not be provided in the event of emergencies resulting from the use of intoxicants or narcotics, or the use of the automobile or other vehicle in the commission of a felony.
Complete provisions pertaining to this service are on file with DFS Services LLC.
* All 24 hour Roadside Assistance services are provided by Brickell Financial Services Motor Club, Inc. d/b/a Road America Motor Club, administrative offices at 7300 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 601, Miami Florida 33126. For Mississippi and Wisconsin customers, services are provided by Brickell Financial Services Motor Club. For California customers, services are provided by Road America Motor Club, Inc. Services such as lockout, emergency towing and roadside assistance may vary to conform with state law.