Affordable home improvements to turn your house into a dream home
Your home is many things: The center of your life, the backdrop for precious memories and one of your biggest investments. With a home equity loan, creating your dream house could be easier than you think. Read on and view the infographic to find tips for remodeling and responsible ways of financing your vision—while getting the most bang for your buck.
Determine your home improvement goals
Articulating your priorities will help you make smart decisions that will provide you with the most value from your equity-funded remodel. Start by understanding some of the reasons why you may want to upgrade your home, which include:
- preparing to sell your home
- creating more space for a growing family
- revitalizing outdated decor
- improving you and your family's quality of life
- increasing your property value
- saving on monthly expenses
Consider financing your dreams with a home equity loan. There are many benefits to a home equity loan with Discover Home Loans®. You can obtain lower-interest financing for all sorts of purchases from $35,000 to $200,000 without application, origination, or appraisal fees, and no cash is required at closing.
Now that you've got the tools you need to complete your remodel successfully, it's time to get creative! Here are the areas to upgrade that can give you the biggest return on investment (ROI):
- Curb and exterior upgrades are often cosmetic changes with the biggest impact and lowest price tags. Focus on the front door, garage doors, garden, windows and deck.
- Energy-saving upgrades can not only be affordable, but save you money on your electric bill. Look to replace siding, add insulation and install solar panels.
- Kitchens are the heart of the home. Though expensive to upgrade, they often yield a good return on investment. Consider updating your lighting, buying stainless steel appliances and adding granite countertops.
- Bathroom remodels are often a functional, quality-of-life upgrade. Moves that pay off include replacing old tiles, adding a second sink and setting the toilet off from the rest of the bathroom.
- Expanding your existing space creates room to grow. Add a sunroom, master suite, attic bedroom or finished basement.
Discuss your goals with an expert: Talk to a trusted lender and discuss whether or not a home equity loan is right for your home improvement projects. They will supply you with the information you need to make your vision a reality. Working with a knowledgeable partner will make the process painless, and it could even save you money.