Check out a summary of your benefits below. Log In to view Terms & Conditions. Limitations apply.
Important steps you can take now to help protect your personal information
What you can do with Discover:
- NEW! Activate your free Social Security number alerts & free New Account alerts1
- NEW! Free Credit Scorecard shows your FICO® Credit Score & more4
- Freeze it® account on/off switch to prevent new purchases in seconds2
- 24/7 Fraud Protection, including monitoring of every purchase for every customer
- And more
Additional steps you can take:
- Order and review your free annual credit reports.
- Update your passwords.
- Use alerts and other security benefits on all your current accounts, not just Discover.
- Restrict access to your credit file with the credit bureaus.
- Learn more about identity theft and other ways to protect yourself at IdentityTheft.gov or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
New! Free Alerts
Get Free Social Security number alerts, and more
These alerts are one way to help you protect yourself from identity fraud. When you activate, we'll alert you if:
- We find your Social Security number on any of thousands of risky websites
- Any new credit cards, mortgages, car loans or other accounts are opened on your Experian® credit report1
Freeze your account in seconds to prevent new purchases on your account
This feature allows you to quickly prevent new purchases, cash advances, or balance transfers from being authorized on your account. You can freeze or unfreeze in seconds with our mobile app or website.Disclaimer for freeze it2Learn more about Freeze it
$0 Fraud Liability Guarantee
You're never responsible for unauthorized purchases made on your Discover card
If you spot a transaction that you suspect is fraudulent, please call us right away at 1-866-240-7938.
We monitor your card 24/7 for suspicious activity
We proactively monitor your card and account for any fraudulent activity and notify you if any suspicious activity is detected. When we catch any potential fraud, we may ask you to review recent transactions to verify if they are valid.
Free Overnight Card Delivery by Request
We'll get you a new card fast, if it's ever lost or stolen
Get free overnight shipping for card replacement at home or away to any U.S. street address at your request.Disclaimer for overnight shopping3
- 1.Discover® Identity Alerts are offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services: (a) daily monitoring of your Experian® credit report and an alert when a new account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of risky websites known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security Number is found on such a website. This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts. Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score. This benefit may change or end in the future. Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. See Frequently Asked Questions.
- 2.When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- 3.Overnight shipping is not available to P.O. boxes or addresses outside the U.S. Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the delivery date. For Discover it cardmembers only.
- 4.FICO® Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score, key factors and other credit information are based on data from TransUnion® and may be different from other credit scores and other credit information provided by different bureaus. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary account holders who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score, key factors and other credit information are available on Discover.com and cardmembers are also provided a score on statements. Customers will see up to a year of recent scores online. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as FICO® Credit Scores, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
DISCOVER and other trademarks, logos and service marks used in this email are the trademarks of Discover Financial Services or their respective third-party owners.