Discover Card Help Center
About Walmart Pay
How to Setup and Use Walmart Pay
- How does Walmart Pay work?
- How do I set up Walmart Pay?
- Is there a designated checkout lane for Walmart Pay?
- Can I use multiple payment methods with Walmart Pay?
- Can I use coupons with Walmart Pay?
- How do I know when my transaction is complete?
- How do I know if my transaction is declined?
- How will a Walmart Pay transaction appear on my Discover statement?
- How do I return an item with an eReceipt?
- What if I want a paper receipt?
- How can I view itemized receipt details and the receipt image?
- How long is the history for eReceipts?
How to Keep Walmart Pay Up to Date
- Can I continue to use my plastic card after it is added to Walmart Pay?
- Why does Walmart Pay ask to verify my card?
- Do I have to enter the CVV code each time I use Walmart Pay?
- How do I initiate a dispute on transactions made with Walmart Pay?
- What if unauthorized charges are made using Walmart Pay?
What is Walmart Pay?
Walmart Pay is a feature in the Walmart mobile app that allows you to quickly and easily use your smartphone to pay for in-store purchases at Walmart.
Will Walmart Pay work on any device?
Walmart Pay works with any iOS or Android mobile device capable of downloading the Walmart app.
Does Walmart Pay accept all payment types?
Walmart Pay works with any major credit, debit, pre-paid, or Walmart Gift Card.
Can Walmart Pay be used with EBT/WIC/SNAP?
Not at this time, but you can split payment and use Walmart Pay for items not eligible for WIC/SNAP. Be sure to split payment before using Walmart Pay.
Can Walmart Pay be used for fuel?
Not at this time.
Does Walmart Pay offer loyalty benefits?
How does Walmart Pay work?
- To use Walmart Pay, you must download the Walmart app, sign in to your Walmart.com account and choose a preferred payment method.
- While in the store, launch Walmart Pay from the Services menu in the Walmart app.
- After entering your unique 4-digit security PIN or using Touch ID, hold your phone over the QR code at the register to scan.
- When your transaction is complete, you will hear an audio confirmation and an eReceipt will be available in app.
- A message will appear on the item reader stating "TRANSACTION COMPLETE ERECEIPT SENT."
How do I set up Walmart Pay?
- Open the Walmart app, select Services, tap the Walmart Pay icon and select Set Up Walmart Pay.
- Sign in or create a Walmart.com account.
- Add a card or simply select a card already saved to Walmart.com.
- Create a passcode.
- Walmart Pay is now ready for use.
Is there a designated checkout lane for Walmart Pay?
No, Walmart Pay works at any Walmart checkout lane.
Can I use multiple payment methods with Walmart Pay?
Yes, you can split payment in-app by using a gift card and then a registered credit card for the remaining balance or split payment at the register by paying first with cash or another payment type and then with Walmart Pay.
Can I use coupons with Walmart Pay?
Digital coupons will not work. Paper coupons will have to be scanned as they are done today.
How do I know when my transaction is complete?
A tone will sound from your mobile device, unless your phone is on mute. If you close the app before you receive the confirmation screen, you will receive a push notification (if enabled). The associate will also inform you that you are all set to go. The debit reader will display the following message: "TRANSACTION COMPLETE ERECEIPT SENT."
How do I know if my transaction is declined?
If your payment is declined or authorization fails, the cashier will inform you that the Walmart Pay transaction cannot go through and that you need to select another payment option.
How will a Walmart Pay transaction appear on my Discover statement?
The charge will be prefixed by "Wal-Mart" along with the store number and location.
How do I return an item with an eReceipt?
- Select “Purchase History” and choose the eReceipt with the item you wish to return.
- Scroll to the bottom until you see the transaction barcode.
- Show the large barcode to the associate at Customer Service.
- Your return is then completed as normal.
What if I want a paper receipt?
The cashier can print a paper receipt if you request it.
How can I view itemized receipt details and the receipt image?
An itemized eReceipt will be available by selecting “Account” then “Purchase History”. eReceipts typically show up within 2-4 seconds, but sometimes there is a slight delay.
How long is the history for eReceipts?
eReceipts are saved indefinitely.
How do I update Walmart Pay if I am issued a new card?
To add your new or replacement Discover card to Walmart Pay, you will need to delete your old card from Walmart Pay and then add your new card information. At Discover, we are always trying to improve the customer service experience. We hope to shorten this process in the future.
What effect does freezing my card have on Walmart Pay?
You will be unable to use your card in Walmart Pay until you unfreeze your account.
What effect does reporting my card lost or stolen have on Walmart Pay?
You will be unable to use your card in Walmart Pay until you receive your new Discover card. You will need to register your new card in Walmart Pay to resume using it.
What effect does replacing my device have on Walmart Pay?
There is no impact on Walmart Pay if you replace your device. Your Walmart Pay account is based on your Walmart app log in information. You will continue to see your registered cards under your profile with the new device.
Can I continue to use my plastic card after it is added to Walmart Pay?
Yes. You can continue to use your plastic card as you usually would after you add that card to Walmart Pay.
Why does Walmart Pay ask to verify my card?
You may be asked to provide additional information for security purposes when you add your Discover card to Walmart Pay. Your Walmart Pay app will tell you how to verify your card. After you have successfully verified your card, you will see a message in the Walmart Pay app indicating that you are ready to use your card in Walmart Pay.
Do I have to enter the CVV code each time I use Walmart Pay?
No. You will only enter the CVV information when adding a new credit card to your Walmart.com account.
How do I initiate a dispute on transactions made with Walmart Pay?
In most cases, customers are able to reach a quicker resolution of their dispute by working directly with the merchant. Please contact Walmart first, as they act as the merchant for purchases made using Walmart Pay. Alternatively, to initiate a dispute directly with Discover for a charge you believe is incorrect, simply log in to your Discover card account online, navigate to 'Activity & Payments > Activity > Statements', click on 'View Details' for the corresponding statement, locate the transaction you would like to dispute on your statement, view the expanded detail, and click on the "Dispute this charge" link. If you prefer, you can always call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) to initiate the dispute with one of our customer service agents. Please note that transactions cannot be disputed with Discover until they have posted to your account.
What do I do if I am having trouble using Walmart Pay?
If you are having trouble using Walmart Pay, click here to contact the Walmart Help Center.
What do I do if the QR Code does not work?
The cashier can print out a one-time use QR Code for you to scan with your phone.