Discover Card Help Center
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (S.C.R.A) Benefits
What is the S.C.R.A?
The Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act (S.C.R.A) provides certain benefits to active duty servicemembers and their spouses/domestic partners. Eligible Discover card customers will receive the following changes to their account for the duration the servicemember is on active duty.
- An interest rate not to exceed 5.9%
- No late fees or overlimit fees
- Introductory, promotional and/or balance transfer rates will be calculated at the promotional rate (if lower than 5.9%) for the duration of the offer.
This S.C.R.A benefit applies to loans made prior to active duty; however, Discover card extends coverage to all eligible customers if the servicemember is on active duty, regardless of whether the credit card account was opened prior to active duty.
Who is eligible for S.C.R.A benefits?
Discover provides benefits to servicemembers and their spouse/domestic partners. The servicemember must have been on or currently is on active duty in one of the below military services:
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
- Reservists/National Guard members
- Commissioned Officer of the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
How do I request benefits?
There are several ways to apply for benefits.
Phone - Call 1.844.DFS.4.MIL (1.844.337.4645). If you are overseas, call 1.801.451.3730. (If your active duty time period is in the future, please make sure to provide your active duty dates).
Mail – Discover Attn: S.C.R.A Department P.O. Box 30907 Salt Lake City, Utah 84130-0907
Fax – Attn: S.C.R.A Department 1.224.813.5767.
What documentation is needed?
Discover will attempt to verify active duty by contacting the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC). If verified, no documentation is required. If we are unable to validate active duty, then we may request written documentation. Examples of acceptable documentation include, but are not limited to:
- Military Enlistment/Reenlistment Contract
- Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Letter from your commanding officer
- Deployment or active duty orders
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) documentation
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214/5 Series)
- Any other document on military letterhead confirming your military active duty status
Questions about Payment Protection?
If the account is enrolled in Discover Payment Protection, you may be eligible to pause your monthly payments, interest fees, late fees and Payment Protection fees during your call to active duty.Please call 1-800-290-9895 to speak to a specialist about pausing your payments today.
Questions? If you have any questions about servicemember benefits, knowledgeable agents are available to assist you at 1-844-DFS-4MIL. If you are overseas, you may call us at 1-801-451-3730. Our dedicated agents are ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.