You EARN cash back
Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, restaurants, Amazon.com, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. 5% Cashback Calendar
We MATCH it all your first year
Only Discover automatically matches all the cash back you earn dollar for dollar at the end of your first year. Only for new cardmembers.2
Your cash back NEVER EXPIRES. Redeem in any amount, at any time.3
Discover it® Card VS. Competitors
Discover it® Cash Credit Card
Blue Cash Everyday®Card
Cash Rewards ‡
Cash Card ‡
|No Annual Fee||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express®‡||
|Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards‡||Citi® Double Cash Card‡||Bank Americard Cash Rewards™‡|
|Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. 2||Cash Credit Card||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express®‡||Chase Freedom Unlimited℠‡||Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards‡||Citi® Double Cash Card‡||Bank Americard Cash Rewards™‡|
|Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, restaurants, Amazon.com, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
Plus 1% cash back on all other purchases
|Cash Credit Card||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express®‡||Chase Freedom Unlimited℠‡||Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards‡||Citi® Double Cash Card‡||Bank Americard Cash Rewards™‡|
|Cash back on every purchase.||Cash Credit Card||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express®||Chase Freedom Unlimited℠‡||Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards||Citi® Double Cash Card‡||Bank Americard Cash Rewards™|
‡Cash back rewards - Citi® Double Cash Card: 1% on purchases; 1% as you pay them. Capital One Quicksilver® and Chase Freedom Unlimited®: 1.5% on all purchases. Bank Americard Cash Rewards™: 3% on gas and 2% on groceries & wholesale clubs up to a quarterly max; 1% on other purchases. American Express® Blue Cash Everyday® Card: 3% at supermarkets up to a yearly maximum; 2% at gas stations & select department stores; 1% on other purchases.
Chart comparisons conducted by an independent research firm and based on competitor info compiled in January 2017.
*According to the Feb 2016 issue of the Nilson Report.
Freeze it® on/off switch for your account.
Now if you misplace your credit card, you can Freeze it to prevent new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers on your account. Freeze or unfreeze in seconds with our mobile app or website.4
- Reviews: Discover it card's average "Overall Rating" based on reviews by cardmembers as seen at https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/it-card/reviews/
- Cashback MatchTM : Only from Discover, as of December 2016. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, Your cash back will not be matched.You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Redeem Any Amount Any Time: We will credit your account with your cash back bonus balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months. See rewards terms and conditions.
- Freeze it: When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- FICO® Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score and key factors are based on data from TransUnion and may be different from other credit scores. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary cardmembers who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score and key factors are available on Discover.com and your score is provided on statements. You will see up to a year of recent scores online starting when you become a cardmember. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as a FICO® Credit Score, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation of the United States and other countries.
If you prefer not to receive your FICO® Credit Score just call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). Please give us two billing cycles to process your request. To learn more, visit Discover.com/FICO.
- Free Overnight Card Replacement: Overnight shipping is not available to P.O boxes or addresses outside the U.S Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
- Use Rewards at Amazon.com: Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are registered trademarks of the Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. For complete details on how to Pay with Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com see Amazon.com/Cashback Bonus.
Intro purchase APR is 0% for 14 months from date of account opening; then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro Balance Transfer APR is 0% for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by May 10, 2017 ; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: 11.49% variable to 23.49% variable, based on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 25.49% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $.50. Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer . Annual Fee: None. Rates as of January 31, 2017. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.