Your consumer privacy
Our consumer privacy statements give you a closer look at how we treat your information when you are a customer of our financial products and services.
Identity Theft Protection Consumer Privacy Statement
WHAT DOES DISCOVER BANK
DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Social Security number and account balances
- Credit scores and payment history
- Credit history and credit card or other debt
- Call 1-800-347-7552 – our menu will prompt you through your choices
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
- open an account or use your credit or debit card
- give us your contact information or give us your income information
- provide account information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
- Our affiliates include companies with a Discover or DFS name and financial companies such as Diners Club International Ltd.; PULSE Network LLC; The Student Loan Corporation; and GTC Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Nonaffiliates we share with can include service providers
- Our joint marketing partners can include institutions such as insurance companies
California Residents – Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates or joint marketing partners while you are a resident of California.
Nevada Residents – You may call 1-800-347-7552 to be placed on our Do Not Call List. For more information, mail Discover Card, PO Box 30416, Salt Lake City, UT 84130. You may also contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington Ave., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101, call 1-702-486-3132, or e-mail BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us. This notice is provided pursuant to state law.