Discover it® Card for College Students
Cash Back Rewards for College and Beyond
Use left and right arrow keys to change presentational art and page theme colors.
NEW! Free Social Security number alerts
We'll monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.5
Learn More about alerts.
Cash Back Rewards for Good Grades
$20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.2
5% Cash Back Rewards
In rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, restaurants, Amazon.com and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.5% Cashback Calendar
You Earn, We Match Dollar for Dollar
We'll match all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.3
Compare Student Cash Back Credit Cards
|Discover it Student Credit Card||Discover it® Student Credit Card||Capital One® JourneySM Student Rewards Credit Card‡||Citi Thank You® Preferred Card for College Students‡||Bank Americard® for Students‡|
|NO ANNUAL FEE|
|$20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years2|
|Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically3†|
|Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, restaurants, Amazon.com and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.|
‡Cash back rewards – Capital One® JourneySM Student Rewards Card: 1% on all purchases. Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students: 2 points for each $1 spend on purchases on dining out and entertainment, 1 point for each $1 spent on other purchases.
Chart comparisons conducted by an independent research firm and based on competitor info compiled in June 2017.
†Compared card issuers may have other new cardmember bonuses and may provide FICO® Credit Scores only or may provide a different credit score
*According to the Feb 2017 issue of the Nilson Report.
Benefits that students can appreciate
Switch your account on/off in seconds.
You made it home, but your card didn't. No problem, just Freeze it® to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers on your account if you misplace your card.6
Because we monitor every purchase, every day for suspicious activity. And, you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card account.
At your service.
Our U.S.-based customer service is here to help when you call—not to waste your time selling you other products.
Student Cash Back Credit Card Footnotes
* Intro purchase APR is 0% for 6 months from date of account opening ; then the standard purchase APR applies.Intro Balance Transfer APR is 10.99% for 6 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by November 10, 2017 ; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: 13.99% variable to 22.99% variable, based on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 25.99% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $.50. Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer.Annual Fee: None. Rates as of July 31, 2017. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
- Reviews: Discover it card's average "Overall Rating" based on reviews by cardmembers as seen at https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/student-it-card/reviews/
- Good Grades Rewards: Good Grade Reward only available to new cardmembers on or after 7/23/2015 who indicate on their application that they are currently enrolled in college, and whose accounts are current and remain open when the Good Grade Reward is requested. Students with a Discover it® or Discover it® chrome card who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent) during a School Year (September - August) may apply at Discover.com for a $20 Cashback Bonus ("Good Grade Reward"). One Good Grade Reward per School Year, per account, up to a maximum of five(5) consecutive years from the date your account is opened. Terms of Good Grade Reward Offer are subject to change.
- Cashback MatchTM : Only from Discover, as of June 2017. No purchase minimums. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Redeem Any Amount Any Time: We will credit your account with your cash back bonus balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months. See rewards terms and conditions.
- Discover® Identity Alerts: Offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services: (a) daily monitoring of your Experian® credit report and an alert when a new account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of risky websites known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security number on is found on such a website. This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts. Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score. This benefit may change or end in the future. Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. See Frequently Asked Questions.
- Freeze it: When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- FICO® Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score and key factors are based on data from TransUnion and may be different from other credit scores. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary cardmembers who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score and key factors are available on Discover.com and your score is provided on statements. You will see up to a year of recent scores online starting when you become a cardmember. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as a FICO® Credit Score, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
If you prefer not to receive your FICO® Credit Score just call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). Please give us two billing cycles to process your request. To learn more, visit Discover.com/FICO.
- Free Overnight Card Replacement: Overnight shipping is not available to P.O boxes or addresses outside the U.S Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
- Use Rewards at Amazon.com: Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are registered trademarks of the Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. For complete details on how to Pay with Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com see Amazon.com/Cashback Bonus.