Discover it® Chrome
Gas & Restaurants
Use left and right arrow keys to change presentational art and page theme colors.
Free Social Security number alerts
We'll monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.4
Learn More about alerts.
Earn 2% Cash Back
At gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter.†† Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases — automatically.
We'll match all of the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.2
Redeem with Ease
Your cash back never expires. Redeem your rewards in any amount, at any time.3
Compare Cash Back Credit Cards
|Discover it Chrome Gas & Restaurant Card||Discover it® Chrome Gas & Restaurant Card||Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express‡||Chase Freedom Unlimited‡||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards‡||
Citi Double Cash
|Bank Americard Cash Rewards‡|
|No Annual Fee|
|Get an unlimited dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically 2See issuers' websites for their new cardmember bonuses.|
|Earn 2% cash back in popular categories. Plus earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.†See rewards for compared and similar cards|
|Redeem your rewards for cash in any amount.
Discover it chrome: 2% on gas and restaurants, 1% on other purchases.
‡Cash back rewards – Citi Double Cash Card: 1% on purchases; 1% as you pay them . Capital One Quicksilver and Chase Freedom Unlimited : 1.5% on all purchases. Bank Americard Cash Rewards: 3% on gas and 2% on groceries & wholesale clubs up to a quarterly max; 1% on other purchases.American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card: 3% at supermarkets up to a yearly max; 2% at gas stations & select department stores; 1% on other purchases.
‡Cash back rewards for similar cards of compared issuers: Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card: 4% cash back on dining and entertainment. 2% on grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases; Citi ThankYou Preferred Rewards: 2x on dining out and entertainment; 1x on all other purchases.
Chart comparisons conducted by an independent research firm and based on competitor info compiled in January 2019.
†Compared card issuers may provide a FICO® Credit Score or other credit score and other credit information. See issuers' websites for further details.
+Discover's free alerts are based on information from your Experian® credit report.
*According to the Feb 2018 issue of the Nilson Report.
Benefits that go above and beyond
Freeze it® on/off switch for your account.
If you misplace your card, freeze your account on our mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.5
Looking out for you.
We monitor every purchase, everyday for suspicious activity. And you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
100% U.S. based customer service.
Here to help whenever you call, not sell you other products. Plus get powerful, fast mobile and online service.
Discover it® Chrome Gas & Restaurants credit card Footnotes
* Intro purchase APR is 0% for 14 months from date of account opening; then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro Balance Transfer APR is 0% for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by June 10, 2019; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: 14.24% variable to 25.24% variable, based on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 27.24% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $.50. Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer. Annual Fee: None. Rates as of February 28, 2019. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
- Reviews: Discover it card's average "Overall Rating" based on reviews by cardmembers as seen at https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/chrome-card/reviews/
- Cashback MatchTM : No purchase minimums. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Redeem Any Amount Any Time: We will credit your account with your cash back bonus balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months. See rewards terms and conditions.
- Discover® Identity Alerts are offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services: (a) daily monitoring of your Experian® credit report and an alert when a new account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of risky websites known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security number is found on such a website. This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts. Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score. This benefit may change or end in the future. Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit discover.com/freealerts.
- Freeze it: When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- FICO® Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score, key factors and other credit information are based on data from TransUnion® and may be different from other credit scores and other credit information provided by different bureaus. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary account holders who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score, key factors and other credit information are available on Discover.com and cardmembers are also provided a score on statements. Customers will see up to a year of recent scores online. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as FICO® Credit Scores, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
If you prefer not to receive your FICO® Credit Score just call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). Please give us two billing cycles to process your request. To learn more, visit Discover.com/FICO.
- Free Overnight Card Replacement: Overnight shipping is not available to P.O boxes or addresses outside the U.S Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
††You earn a full 2% Cashback Bonus on your first $1000 in combined gas and restaurant purchases each calendar quarter. Calendar quarters are defined as the three-month periods beginning January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. Gas and restaurant category purchases over the quarterly cap, and all other purchases, earn 1% cash back. Gas and restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as gas stations and full service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast-food locations. Purchases coded in categories other than these, including purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, and discount stores, will not qualify. Purchases made using third-party payment accounts, tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further detail.