- Benefits and Tools
- Customer Service
- Discover Products
- Balance Transfers and Cash
Manage My Account
- Online Account Management
- Enhanced Account Security
- Add Person to Account
- Card Design and Replacement
- Change Rewards Program
- Change Username & Password
- Closing a Discover Card Account
- Downloads and Copies
- New Card Activation
- Chip Card
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Online Statements and Transactions
- Paperless Disclosures
- Update My Information
- Website Technical Support
- Financial Hardship
- Mobile Wallets
Not a Cardmember?Apply Now
Add an Authorized User
Learn how to add another user to your Discover Card account.
- How do I add an authorized user to my Discover Card account?
- What information do I need in order to add an Authorized User to my Discover Card account?
- Can I request additional cards for the authorized users?
- Is there a limit to the number of users I can add to my account?
- What can/can't authorized users do on my account?
- Can authorized users create or change PINs?
How do I add an authorized user to my Discover Card account?
Click the link to add an authorized user to your account. You also can add an authorized user by logging in to the Account Center, clicking on “Account Profile” and then clicking on the “Add User” button.
Not registered for the Account Center? Register Now.
What information do I need in order to add an Authorized User to my Discover Card account?
It is our practice to verify the identity of all cardholders on a Discover account. To do so, we require you to provide the first and last name, address, date of birth and social security number for all new Authorized Users added to your Discover card account.
Can I request additional cards for the authorized users?
Yes. When you add an authorized user online, you will be able to specify if you want the user to have a separate card.
Is there a limit to the number of users I can add to my account?
You can add a maximum of 5 users to your account.
What can/can't authorized users do on my account?
Authorized users can make purchases, report any lost or stolen cards, obtain account information, initiate billing disputes, request statement copies, make payments and inquire about fees. Authorized users cannot close the account, add another authorized user, change an address, increase the credit line or request a lower annual percentage rate (APR).Learn More
Can authorized users create or change PINs?
No. Only the primary or secondary cardholder on an account can request or change a personal identification number (PIN).
Didn't find an answer to your question? Send us a Secure E-mail
Not a Cardmember? Apply Now