YOUR PRIVACY CENTER
Your online privacy
We may interact with you in a variety of ways online. From Discover websites, to our mobile apps, online services and presence on social media sites—this Online Privacy Statement covers how Discover Financial Services treats your information.
Online Privacy Statement
European Union Data Subjects
What Are Your Rights Under EU Privacy Law
We adhere to applicable data protection laws in the European Union ("EU"), when relevant and appropriate. If you are a data subject located in the European Union, this means that:
- if we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time for further processing;
- you have the right to request access to, rectification or deletion of your personal data;
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- you have the right to request us to transfer your personal data to another controller;
- you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data; and
- you have the right to file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority, in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or where the alleged infringement happened.
The above rights are subject to legal restrictions, as provided by the applicable EU privacy law.
When we process your personal data, we rely on specific legal grounds. When we process your personal data, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide our services and products, fulfil our contractual and legal obligations, or other legitimate interests as described in the sections "About the Information We Collect," "How We Use Information We Collect" and "What We Share."
You may access, correct or delete some personal and account information maintained in your Online Account through logging into your Account Center.
International Data Transfer
We may transfer personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected. We rely on standard contractual clauses to govern the transfer of information between entities, when and if required. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the data. When we transfer your personal data to the United States, we will protect the data as described in this Privacy Statement.
When your personal data are transferred from the European Union, it is the responsibility of the data exporter to ensure that such transfers are done in compliance with EU Privacy Law. If we were to be the data exporter, we would put in place appropriate measures for such transfers to happen in compliance with EU Privacy Law. If you have more questions on when such situations might take place, you can email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
If you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights under EU Privacy Law by Discover Financial Services, or if you have any questions about this Policy, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer and/or Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to decline requests unless required by applicable law.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to the Data Protection Officer:
Discover Financial Services
Attn: ECP Privacy Operations
P.O. Box 795
Deerfield IL 60015
And/or to the Representative:
Diners Club International
Attn: GDPR Representative
201 Talgarth Rd, Level One
Hammersmith, London, W6 8BJ
In your communication, please include the following information so that we may adequately address your request:
- Full name
- Physical address(es) on file with Discover
- Product/service relationship(s) with Discover
- Last four digits of your Discover accounts
- Phone number
EU data subjects may also contact their respective Supervisory Authority with any questions about our privacy practices.