Your SCRA Benefits with DiscoverLog in to your Discover card account to request SCRA benefits.
What is SCRA?
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides certain benefits to active duty servicemembers and their spouses/domestic partners. Eligible Discover card customers will receive the following changes to their account for the duration the servicemember is on active duty.
- An interest rate not exceed 5.9%
- No late fees or overlimit fees
- Introductory, promotional and/or balance transfer rates will be calculated at the promotional rate (if lower than 5.9%) for the duration of the offer
The benefit applies to loans made prior to active duty; however, Discover card extends coverage to all eligible customers if the servicemember is on active duty regardless of whether the loan was made prior to active duty.
Who is eligible for SCRA benefits?
Discover provides protection to servicemembers and their spouse/domestic partner. The servicemember must have been on or currently on active duty in one of these military services:
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
- Reservist National Guard members
- Commissioned Officers of the US Public Health Service (USPHS) or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
There are several ways to apply for benefits.
- Online– Click 'Request Benefits Now'
- Phone– Call 1-844-DFS-4MIL (1-844-337-4645). If you are overseas, call 1-801-451-3730. (If your active duty time period is in the future, please make sure to provide your active duty dates.)
- Mail– Discover Attn: SCRA Department P.O. Box 15185 Wilmington, DE 19850-5185
- Fax– Attn: SCRA Department 1-224-813-5767
Discover will attempt to verify active duty by contacting the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC). If verified, no documentation is needed. If we are unable to validate active duty, then we may request written documentation. Examples of acceptable documentation include, but are not limited to:
- Military Enlistment/Reenlistment contract
- Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
- Letter from your commanding officer
- Deployment or active duty orders
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) documentation
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214/5 Series)
- Any other documentation on military letterhead confirming your military active duty status
Questions about Payment Protection?
If the account is enrolled in Payment Protection, call 1-877-883-1959, from 9:30 – 7:30 ET, Monday – Friday to inquire about additional benefits that may apply.
Questions about servicemember benefits?
If you have any questions about servicemember benefits, see Military (SCRA) Benefits FAQs or knowledgeable agents are available to assist you at 1-844-DFS-4MIL (1-844-337-4645). If you are overseas, you may call us at 1-801-451-3730. Our dedicated agents are ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.