How to Choose From Discover® Card Options?
Key points about: Discover credit card options
All Discover credit cards offer rewards for eligible purchases and no annual fee.
Discover® Cards vary by the percentage of rewards you can earn for each eligible purchase.
Discover offers student and secured credit cards ideal for those trying to build or rebuild their credit history.
Picking the right credit card can be difficult, especially when there are so many credit card issuers and cards to choose from. Discover offers credit cards with different rewards rates but ensures every cardmember receives valuable benefits regardless of which card they choose.
What are the Discover credit card options?
All Discover credit cards offer rewards, including cards geared toward college students and people looking to build or rebuild their credit history. Discover credit card options include:
- Cash Back Credit Card
- Gas & Restaurants Credit Card
- Travel Credit Card
- NHL® Credit Card
- Student Cash Back Credit Card
- Student Chrome Credit Card
- Secured Credit Card
Which Discover® Card options do you qualify for?
A credit card company will likely check your credit report and credit score when you apply for a new credit card, and your credit can impact which cards you may qualify for—from unsecured credit cards, some of which may require good credit to qualify, to secured credit cards which have fewer requirements. With the Discover pre-approval tool, you can see which Discover® Cards you’re pre-approved for before applying.
Benefits that come with every Discover® Card
Each Discover® Card has specific features that may appeal to different people based on their financial needs. But every Discover® Card comes with certain benefits. Among other benefits, Discover® Cardmembers receive:
- No annual fee: Youdon’t have to worry about paying to use your Discover® Card because there’s no annual fee.
- Bonus rewards: New Discover® Cardmembers can earn extra rewards at the end of their first year.
- Rewards that won’t expire: Don’t worry about losing your rewards. At Discover, your rewards never expire.1
- Easy reward redemptions: Choose among multiple redemption options, including gift cards, charitable donations, and statement credits.
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee: You’re never held responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover Card.2
Which Discover® Card options offer the most rewards?
While every Discover credit card offers rewards, the rewards programs can vary based on three earning styles:
- Fixed-rate rewards: Earn a flat rate of unlimited rewards on all purchases.
- Tiered rewards: Earn a higher percentage of rewards up to a set limit in certain spending categories and a lower flat rate of unlimited rewards on all other purchases.
- Rotating rewards: Earn a higher percentage of rewards up to a set limit in certain spending categories that rotate throughout the year and a lower flat rate of unlimited rewards on all other purchases.
Did you know?
Cards that offer fixed-rate rewards, like the Discover it® Miles card, let you earn rewards without tracking specific spending categories. But cards with tiered rewards or quarterly spending categories, like Discover it® Chrome cards or Discover it® Cash Back cards, could help you earn more rewards if your purchases align with the spending categories and quarterly changes.
What to consider when choosing a Discover credit card
Choosing the right Discover® Card can depend on your financial circumstances and personal preferences. Here are a few suggestions that could help you determine which card is best for you:
- You’re a student: Collegestudents might want to consider one of our two student credit cards. With less strict requirements to qualify, these cards could start with a low credit limit, making it easier to get the hang of using a credit card responsibly, such as making on-time payments each month and keeping your balances low.
- You’re building or rebuilding your credit history: The Discover it® Secured Credit Card helps you build your credit history.3 And there’s no credit score required to apply.4
- You travel. Our travel rewards credit card could be a good choice for frequent travelers who enjoy earning and redeeming credit card rewards for travel purchases and more.
You may already have an idea of what type of credit card you want. But learning about each Discover® Card, including which ones you might get approved for, can make it easier to choose the best one for you.
Was this article helpful?
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback