Discover Card Help Center
- Is Purchase Protection still available to Discover cardmembers?
- What is Purchase Protection?
- Do I have to pay a fee for Purchase Protection?
- Does Purchase Protection coverage apply if an eligible item was stolen from a vehicle?
- Do I need a Police Report to submit a claim?
- How do I start the claims process?
Is Purchase Protection still available to Discover cardmembers?
Discover's Purchase Protection benefit was discontinued effective February 28, 2018. Purchases made prior to February 28, 2018 will be eligible for coverage under the original terms of the benefit.
What is Purchase Protection?
As an exclusive feature of your Discover card, we will cover your eligible purchases up to $500 if they are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the purchase.