Earn Twice the Rewards Your First Year with Discover Cashback Match
Earn big‑time cash back that never expires.
Do you know about Discover’s Cashback Match program? These rewards for Discover cardmembers allow you to earn cash back from using your Discover card, and then redeem it in a variety of ways. Here’s what you need to know.
Discover Matches All Your First-Year Rewards
With Cashback Match, Discover automatically matches all the cash back new cardmembers have earned at the end of their first year on their credit card.1 Discover will apply the match after the first 12 consecutive billing cycles, within the following one or two billing cycles.
How to Maximize Your Cash back
Here’s the breakdown on how you earn rewards on Discover it®:
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com*, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Earn additional rewards on purchases from Discover Deals partners
- Refer qualified friends and earn an additional $50 cash back after their account is open
Redeem Your Cash Back For…
With Discover, it’s simple to redeem your cash back at any time. Here are a few ways you can put your cash back to use:
- Pay with rewards at Amazon.com checkout2
- Gift cards with at least $5 added to each
- Deposit to your bank account or apply to your Discover credit card bill
- Make a charitable donation
Earn big‑time cash back that never expires with Discover it®.
Discover Will Match the Miles You Earn Too
New travel cardmembers can also get in on this deal with the Discover it® Miles card. Not only can they earn unlimited 1.5 Miles for every dollar spent on purchases, but Discover will also match all the Miles earned at the end of their first year. There are also no blackout dates, so they can redeem Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.4
1. Cashback Match: After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you’ve earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You’ve earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
2. Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are trademarks of Amazon or its affiliates.
3. Redeem Miles: Starting at 1 Mile, you can redeem for cash as a electronic deposit to your bank account or for a credit for Travel Purchases on your statement made within in last 180 days. Travel Purchases include airline tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals, travel agents, online travel sites and commuter transportation. Redemption may not be available for approximately 24-48 hours if your card is reported lost or stolen. See Miles Terms and Conditions for details. Miles Never Expire: we will credit your account with your rewards balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months.
4. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all the Miles you’ve earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the Miles reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your Miles will not be matched. You’ve earned Miles rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.