Shop with ConfidenceReturn any qualifying Discover purchase within 90 days for up to a $500 refund.
Available to all CardmembersThis exclusive benefit is complimentary to you as a valued Cardmember. We've got you covered when you use your
Easy Claims ProcessCall 1-800-347-0213 to ask questions or file a claim.
- See Return Guarantee Terms & Conditions for full details
The terms and conditions of this benefit are subject to change at any time. Please visit Discover.com/cardbenefits to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
Return Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Return Guarantee offers the option to return, for a refund, any qualifying item recently purchased in full with a Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles) when the original store will not issue a refund. Dissatisfaction over the item must be for a covered reason. Keep this coverage description for your records.
If a Cardmember is dissatisfied with a purchase made with a Discover card (or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles) for a reason other than improper functioning and the store does not provide a refund, Return Guarantee can provide you a refund. The Cardmember should first seek a refund from the store or online retailer and then contact Claims Administration within 90 days of the original purchase date. Most new, non-commercial, retail products that are purchased in full with an eligible Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles) are eligible for this benefit. The item still needs its original packaging and should be in good condition and in working order.
There is a per item limit of $500 and an annual program payment limit of $2,500 per account. Payment is made net of any applicable taxes, storage, shipping, handling and postage charges.
Who is Covered
This coverage is provided to Discover Cardmembers whenever they use their Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles) for the entire purchase price of a covered item. No registration of the covered purchase is necessary.
This plan is provided at no additional cost to Discover Cardmembers.
Who to Contact
If an item does not function properly, please contact the manufacturer. Otherwise, if the Cardmember is unable to obtain a refund from the store within 90 days of purchase, benefit and claim information is available by contacting Discover at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET) and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (except holidays).
Claim Notice Deadline
You must report the claim within 90 days of the original purchase date or the claim may not be honored.
Claim Submission Deadline
All necessary documentation must be postmarked within 30 days of the request for the claim form. Any additional documentation must be received within 60 days of the request for such information in order for the claim to remain eligible for payment.
Proving a Loss
Submit the following documentation by the Claim Submission deadline:
- Completed and signed claim form.
- The Discover card statement showing the entire original purchase price.
- The sales receipt indicating the date, the store, the item and the amount of purchase.
- Written documentation from the store manager or equivalent on store letterhead documenting the refusal to accept the returned item.
- The item must be returned to Claims Administration before any claim will be paid. You will be responsible for all mailing costs.
Reimbursement for eligible claims will be mailed to the Cardmember within 15 days.
Exclusions and Limitations
The Return Guarantee program applies only to items purchased in the United States of America, including Alaska and Hawaii. This program does not cover any of the following:
- Claims made on purchases made before 11/1/2012
- Products used for commercial or business use
- Fraud, abuse, intentional acts, neglect and misapplication of the consumer product
- Items where normal wear and tear or deterioration is evident
- Items that are not in working order
- Items exposed to radioactive contamination
- Motorized vehicles of any kind and their parts and equipment, including but not limited to boats or watercraft, air vehicles, automobiles, trucks and motorcycles
- Travelers checks, cash or its equivalent or any other negotiable instrument
- Tickets of any kind, art objects, rare or precious coins or stamps, bullion, antiques
- Any used, rebuilt, remanufactured or secondhand items
- Products which are customized
- Product defects
- Dwellings and their permanent fixtures (i.e., wallpaper, wall-to-wall carpeting)
- Consumable and perishable items including, but not limited to, food, fuel, oil, household products and cosmetics
- Any item which is attached to, embedded in or otherwise becomes appurtenant to earth or soil
- Items which are paid for, either partially or completely, with some source of funds other than the sponsoring institution's card
- Live animals and live plants
- Products purchased at Internet auction sites
- Digital downloads including, but not limited to, music, movies, books, mobile apps and eCertificates
- Gift cards
- Travel and travel-related services
Underwriter and Administrator
Connexions Loyalty, Claims Administration
P.O. Box 6175
Westerville, Ohio 43086