What Can You Do With the Discover App?
Key Points About: The Discover App
The Discover App allows you to manage your account, which means monitoring recent activity, or interest accrued on charges and savings.
The app can alert you to login activity and helps you make payments, too.
Discover’s Spend Analyzer can provide you with specific data on how you spend your money and areas where you can save.
Using your smartphone or tablet to manage credit card payments or account activity may help you save time, money and hassles. If you are a Discover cardmember, you can use the Discover Mobile app (available via the Apple App Store or Google Play) and there you can perform most of the tasks that you’d perform on the Discover website or by calling customer service.
So, what can you do with the Discover mobile app?
Manage your account
From the app’s home page, you can check your current balance, last statement balance and any rewards you’ve earned.
The Activity section of the menu allows you to pull up recent activity, search transactions, tag transactions, view statements and balance transfer offers. To keep track of the activity on your Discover credit card account, go to Recent Activity to see purchases, payments, accrued interest and charges. Filter results further by searching for transaction types and tag them for proper categorization.
Manage your payments
The Payments section of the menu shows current balance as well as previous statement balance. It allows you to make a payment, see recent payment activity, view automatic payments, change payment due date and view the bank accounts you’ve connected to draw payments from. Making a payment to your Discover card account with the Discover Mobile App takes just four steps:
- Log into the app and select payments from bottom navigation, then select ‘pay’
- Choose the payment amount you wish to make – from current balance, to statement balance, to the minimum payment, or another value
- Choose your preferred bank account, and whether you’d like to apply any of your earned Cashback Bonus® to the payment
- Tap “Continue to review”, and then verify the information before tapping the confirmation.
Note: you can also make a payment from the homepage, by clicking ‘pay’, near the Statement Summary.
Manage your rewards
Another exciting feature of the mobile app is the ability to interact with your rewards. In the Rewards section of the menu, you can handle a variety of tasks, including:
- Signing up to earn 5% Cashback Bonus® at different places quarter, up to the quarterly maximum if your card is eligible for the program.
- Seeing how your Cashback Bonus is earned and the progress towards activated rewards
- Referring Discover to a friend to earn a statement credit for each friend that becomes a cardmember.1
- Redeeming your earned Cashback Bonus® for a statement credit, electronic deposit and certain retail gift cards (which offer additional value)
- Seeing your rewards redemption history
Manage your credit cards
From the Services section of the menu you are able to:
- Manage your cards & devices, request a new card design, and add an authorized user
- You also have the ability to request a card with a new image and see if your card is linked to Amazon2, Apple Pay, or PayPal.3
- Request Credit Line Increases
- Report your card lost or stolen, you can even use the app to report it lost, or request replacement for a damaged card.
- Review balance transfers
Manage your mobile alerts
The Alerts section can be navigated to via the More section of the bottom navigation. Under ‘Alerts’ you can manage your alerts, specifically:
- Push notifications
- Account Activity Alerts
- Account Security Alerts
- Set limits for transactions and balances
Manage your messages
You can also access the Customer Service section via the More menu in the bottom navigation. In this section you can:
- Chat with Discover representatives when they are available
- Access the Secure Message Center, where you can send and receive messages about your account.
- Other customer service options include viewing Frequently Asked Questions and setting up a notification to let Discover know you will be traveling.
Use the Discover Spend Analyzer
To help manage your spending, take the opportunity to review your spending with Discover Spend Analyzer. The tool can be accessed through the Activity section in the bottom nav. This tool sorts your Discover card purchases into several categories, such as restaurants, groceries and services so you can track and learn about your spending habits. View your spending patterns for the past one to six months or longer, and compare your spending across categories. Choose to view the details in a pie chart, graph or list format. This is a great way to help improve your budgeting skills.
Other Mobile App features include:
- Allows you to register travel or any upcoming trips to ensure uninterrupted use of card while traveling
- SSN Alerts: We’ll monitor thousands of Dark Web sites and alert you if we find your Social Security Number.4 Activate for free.
- Turn your account on/off with Freeze it®: Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.5
Taking a moment to familiarize yourself with the Discover mobile app can help you easily manage your account on your mobile devices.
Was this article helpful?