Policy Regarding Communications by Shareholders and Other Interested Parties with the Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors welcomes communications from the Company's shareholders and it is the policy of the Company to facilitate communications of shareholders with the Board of Directors, Committees of the Board and individual directors. Communications to the directors must be in writing and sent care of the Company's Secretary and General Counsel to Discover Financial Services, 2500 Lake Cook Road, Illinois 60015. Communications received in this manner will be handled in accordance with procedures approved by the Board's independent directors.
- Under these procedures communications from shareholders are distributed by the Company's Secretary and General Counsel to the appropriate director or directors. Any communications regarding individual grievances or other interests that are personal to the party submitting the communication and could not reasonably be construed to be of concern to security holders or other constituencies of the Company (such as employees, members of the communities in which the Company operates its businesses, customers and suppliers) generally as well as resumes and other forms of job inquiries, solicitations, advertisements, surveys, "junk" mail and mass mailings will be handled in accordance with the Company's established procedures for these types of communications.
All communications should be accompanied by the following information:
- if the person submitting the communication is a shareholder, a statement of the type and amount of the securities of the Company that the person holds;
- if the person submitting the communication is not a shareholder and is submitting the communication to the non-management directors as an interested party, the nature of the person's interest in the Company;
- any special interest, meaning an interest not in the capacity of a shareholder of the Company, of the person in the subject matter of the communication; and
- the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, if any, of the person submitting the communication.