Benefits and Tools
- Automatic Bill Payment
- Extended Product Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Price Protection
- Return Guarantee
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Cash at Checkout
- Discover Giving
- Fraud and Account Protection
- Mobile Wallet
- International Travel
- Secure Online Account Numbers
- ShopDiscover Cashback Bonus
- ShopDiscover Miles
- 24/7 Travel Assistance
- Customer Service
- Discover Products
- Balance Transfers and Cash
Manage My Account
- Online Account Management
- Enhanced Account Security
- Add Person to Account
- Card Design and Replacement
- Change Rewards Program
- Change Username & Password
- Closing a Discover Card Account
- Downloads and Copies
- New Card Activation
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Online Statements and Transactions
- Update My Information
- Website Technical Support
- Financial Hardship
Not a Cardmember?Apply Now
Automatic Bill Pay
Learn how to use your Discover Card to make regular household bill payments.
- What is Automatic Bill Pay?
- What are the benefits of Automatic Bill Pay with Discover Card?
- Can I build my rewards by paying these bills with my Discover Card?
- Is Automatic Bill Payment free?
- How do I sign up for Automatic Bill Pay?
- What information should I have available when setting up my payments?
- How do I cancel an Automatic Bill Pay?
- What will happen to my Automatic Bill Pay if I close my Discover account?
What is Automatic Bill Pay?
Automatic Bill Pay allows you to pay your bills automatically with your Discover Card every month. You only need to contact your service providers once to set up Automatic Bill Pay. Once you enroll, your bills are paid automatically every month. You can sign up to have many of your bills paid automatically including:
- Internet service
- Wireless/home phone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Health clubs
- Insurance & more
What are the benefits of Automatic Bill Pay with Discover Card?
Automatic Bill Pay gives you greater peace of mind because you know that your important monthly payments are conveniently made on time, every time. You’ll simplify your finances, be protected by a $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee so you're never responsible for unauthorized charges on your Discover Card account, and earn rewards all while saving money on stamps.
Can I build my rewards by paying these bills with my Discover Card?
Yes. You build your rewards with each bill you pay with your Discover Card. The more bills you add, the bigger your rewards. See rewards Terms and Conditions for more details.
Is Automatic Bill Payment free?
Yes, it’s free. Discover does not charge a fee for Automatic Bill Payments. Most service providers also do not charge a fee, but be sure to verify when you set up your payments.
How do I sign up for Automatic Bill Pay?
You must contact your service providers directly to pay a bill with your Discover card. For a list of service providers consult our Biller Directory.
What information should I have available when setting up my payments?
You should have your service provider account information and your Discover Card when setting up your payments.
How do I cancel an Automatic Bill Pay?
Contact the service provider directly to cancel any Automatic Bill Payments.
What will happen to my Automatic Bill Pay if I close my Discover account?
If you have set up Automatic Bill Payment with your Discover Card, you will need to contact the service providers directly to update your payment information.
Didn't find an answer to your question? Send us a Secure E-mail
Not a Cardmember? Apply Now