- Benefits and Tools
- Customer Service
- Discover Products
- Balance Transfers and Cash
Manage My Account
- Online Account Management
- Enhanced Account Security
- Add Person to Account
- Card Design and Replacement
- Change Rewards Program
- Change Username & Password
- Closing a Discover Card Account
- Downloads and Copies
- New Card Activation
- Chip Card
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Freeze Account
- Online Statements and Transactions
- Update My Information
- Website Technical Support
- Financial Hardship
Not a Cardmember?Apply Now
Automatic Bill Pay
Learn how to use your Discover Card to make regular household bill payments.
- What is Automatic Bill Pay?
- What are the benefits of Automatic Bill Pay with Discover Card?
- Can I build my rewards by paying these bills with my Discover Card?
- Is Automatic Bill Pay free?
- How do I sign up for Automatic Bill Pay?
- What information should I have available when setting up my payments?
- How do I cancel an Automatic Bill Payment?
- What will happen to my Automatic Bill Payment if I close my Discover account?
What is Automatic Bill Pay?
Automatic Bill Pay allows you to pay your bills automatically with your Discover Card every month. You only need to contact your service providers once to set up Automatic Bill Pay. Once you enroll, your bills are paid automatically every month. You can sign up to have many of your bills paid automatically including:
- Internet service
- Wireless/home phone
- Cable/satellite TV
- Health clubs
- Child care services
- Video streaming services
- Student Loans
- Insurance & more
What are the benefits of Automatic Bill Pay with Discover Card?
Automatic Bill Pay gives you greater peace of mind because you know that your important monthly payments are conveniently made on time, every time. You’ll simplify your finances, be protected by a $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee so you're never responsible for unauthorized charges on your Discover Card account, and earn rewards all while saving money on stamps.
Can I build my rewards by paying these bills with my Discover Card?
Yes. You build your rewards with each bill you pay with your Discover Card. The more bills you add, the bigger your rewards. See rewards Terms and Conditions for more details.
Is Automatic Bill Pay free?
Yes, it’s free. Discover does not charge a fee for Automatic Bill Pay. Most service providers also do not charge a fee, but be sure to verify when you set up your payments.
How do I sign up for Automatic Bill Pay?
You must contact your service providers directly to pay a bill with your Discover card.
What information should I have available when setting up my payments?
Billers generally request the biller account number, your Discover Card number, the card expiration date, the amount authorized to be charged, and whether it is a one-time or recurring payment.
How do I cancel an Automatic Bill Payment?
Contact the service provider directly to cancel any Automatic Bill Payments.
What will happen to my Automatic Bill Payment if I close my Discover account?
If you have set up Automatic Bill Payment with your Discover Card, you will need to contact the service providers directly to update your payment information.
Didn't find an answer to your question? Send us a Secure E-mail
Not a Cardmember? Apply Now