Resources and Tools From Discover To Help You Spend Smarter and Better Manage Your Credit
Given the ongoing weakness in the economy, we believe itís more important than ever that we continue to help our cardmembers better manage credit and make smarter financial decisions.
From helpful online tools to financial education resources to meaningful rewards, we are committed to helping cardmembers achieve brighter financial futures.
Here are some of the ways we can help you better manage your credit, spend smarter, manage debt better and save more.
Free Online Tools That Help You Make Smarter Financial Decisions
Discoverís free online tools help you better understand your spending habits and show you how to pay down your debt.
- The Spend Analyzer: The Spend Analyzer offers you a clear, visual way to track and compare your card spending so you can make more informed spending choices.
- The Paydown Planner: The Paydown Planner helps you create a simple plan to pay down your balance.
- The Purchase Planner: The Purchase Planner helps you understand how a large purchase may affect your account.
- Email Alerts and Reminders: Email alerts and reminders help you make payments on time, avoid unnecessary fees and stay safely within your credit limit. Today, Discover offers eight different types of reminders to help you stay on track, which can also be sent directly to your mobile prodice.
Services and Resources That Help You Manage Difficulties with Payments
In addition to supporting non-profit debt management and credit counseling agencies, Discover offers special payment programs and customer service to help you keep on top of your credit card bills.
- Payment Programs: We have special payment programs to help you if you are experiencing financial difficulties and need help bringing your account up to date. Last year, we helped more than one million cardmembers who were having financial difficulty.
- Debt Management and Credit Counseling Agencies: We support www.helpwithmycredit.org, an industry effort to assist and educate people struggling to make their payments, as well as the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, the nationís largest and longest-serving national nonprofit credit counseling network.
- Customer Service That Puts You First: If you need help with your account or are having trouble keeping up with your payments, you can reach a knowledgeable customer service representative on the phone typically within 60 seconds, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Online Resources to Make Your Money Go Further
Discover is committed to providing online resources that offer smart ways to better manage your credit and save money.
- Financial Education: This online resource, found at https://www.discover.com/company/corporate-responsibility/financial-education/, helps you understand the basics of credit management with clear and easy-to-understand articles.
- Student Center: This online resource, located at www.discover.com/credit-cards/student-center/, is dedicated to providing students with tools and resources to better manage and understand credit.
- DebitFacts.org: This online resource provides guidance on managing your money through the debit card payment method.