Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions. If you need to look up a term or acronym, use our glossary.
- How do I add a cosigner?
- My loan application was denied, how am I going to pay for school?
- If I cosign a loan for my student, can I be released from the loan later on?
- I need to send in supporting document(s) to Discover Student Loans. How can I do that?
- How do I sign my loan documents?
Ready to Apply?
If you have already submitted an application, access your application using your Access Code (or login) and click on "Add Cosigner" to retrieve the Cosigner Key. The Cosigner Key is a code that links the cosigner with the correct student loan application. Give this code to your cosigner so they can start their application or ask your cosigner to call us at 1-800-STUDENT with the Cosigner Key to apply.
We can also send the Cosigner Key to your cosigner directly with instructions to start their application if you provide us their e-mail address. Access your application using your Access Code (or login) and click on "Add Cosigner" to provide us your cosigner's e-mail address.Back to Top
You have four ways of sending us your supporting document(s):
- Online Document Upload - Visit Secure Document Upload to upload your document from anywhere. You will need to register/login to use this feature.
- Special Delivery (FedEx, UPS, etc.) - Discover Student Loans, Customer Service, 5420 W 1730 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84104, USA
- Mail - Discover Student Loans, Customer Service, PO Box 30947, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0947, USA
- Fax - 1-801-996-2454
Keep a copy of your document(s). Once you send us your document(s), it usually takes about 3-5 business days for us to process your documents. We will contact you if we need additional information.Back to Top
Access your application using your Access Code (or login). Click on 'Action Needed' buttons for your loan documents (e.g. Promissory Note, Self-Certification, or Cosigner Addendum) and we will provide you simple instructions to read and e-sign your loan documents. Please print a copy of your documents for your records.Back to Top