are easy and can save you money.
The Benefits are Clear
Chances are you're paying high interest to one or more creditors, which means it's taking longer to pay off any outstanding balances. Here's where a Balance Transfer offer from Discover can help.
Save on interest
Transferring a balance to your Discover card gives you a way to catch up on your existing debt. That's because you'll get a low Promo APR to pay down that balance for the first 12 months, or even longer.
Pay down balances faster
When you pay high APRs, a lot of your money will go to the interest rather than the principal balance itself. A low promo APR will make each payment more productive and cut the time it takes to reduce your debt.
Simplify your debt
Rather than paying multiple creditors on multiple due dates, consolidate your balances onto your Discover card for one easy payment on your balance transfers.
What's a balance transfer anyway?
It's moving debt from one creditor to a new or existing credit card.
What balances can I transfer?
- Credit & Store Cards
- School Loans
- Gas Cards
- Medical Bills
- Auto Loans
See How Simple It Is
Important Details to Consider
- Most transfers are processed within 5-7 calendar days. For newly opened accounts, processing begins on the 14th day after your new credit card account is opened and will take an additional 1-2 days to post to your Discover account. You may cancel a balance transfer at any time prior to the 14th day by contacting us.
- If your payments on your other balances are due soon, it's best to make those payments even if you've already submitted a balance transfer request.
- You will receive the promotional terms when you submit an online balance transfer request by the offer expiration date.
Choose Your Offer
Log in, to review the offers online, or callcustomer service at1-866-240-7940.
Submit Your Transfer
Just enter any account and amounts you want totransfer, up to youravailable credit line and remember to account for any fees.
Enjoy Your Savings
Pay down your debt on your Discover card and enjoy a low promo APR on your balance transfers.
See Next Steps
We contact any creditors on your behalf, pay them, and then you're all set. It's a good idea to check your other accounts just to be aware of when the transfer actually goes through.
- Make an effort to pay off balances you transfer during the promo period
- Focus on reducing your debt as quickly as possible
- Run up charges on your old cards
- Make a habit of chasing a 0% Intro APR because the fees can add up
Reduce Your Debt With Balance TransfersRead FAQs
The Many Benefits of Balance Transfers
A balance transfer can be a great way to save money on interest. Plus, there are more benefits to consolidating your debts into just one payment.Read Article
How Much Could You Save?
Looking to lower your annual percentage rate on another card? Figure out how much you could save with a balance transfer.Read Article
Manage Your Monthly Payments
Do you have balances on multiple credit cards? Here's what you should know about reducing your APR.Read Article
Get the treatment you deserve with Discover it.Apply Now