Last modified: 8/24/2019
Please carefully review these Terms before linking your Discover account or using the Discover skill. To learn more about the Discover skill, please visit the Discover skill page in the Alexa The continued use or linkage of your Discover credit card account to the Discover skill confirms your ongoing acceptance of the last modified version of these Terms. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms, you must discontinue your use of the Discover skill and immediately disable the Discover skill to unlink your Discover account.
The Discover skill allows you to use your Alexa-enabled device by voice to communicate with Discover regarding your account(s). Your voice is only used to activate Alexa's features and is not used to authenticate your identity. To use the Discover skill, you will have to speak commands and questions aloud to Alexa, and you will receive responses spoken aloud by Alexa. Any communication by you to Discover via Alexa ("User Request") will be treated by Discover as a communication authorized by you, and any communication from Discover via Alexa in response to a request received from your Alexa-enabled device ("Discover Response") will be treated by Discover as a communication to you. When you submit a User Request to Discover via the skill and receive a Discover Response, a record of the voice interaction (an "Alexa Card") may appear in the Alexa App (the "Alexa App"), and if you are utilizing an Amazon Echo Show, a separate record of the voice interaction may appear on the device display (the "Alexa Display").
- The Discover skill is available for Discover Bank primary cardmembers who have a valid Discover User ID and Password that provides Discover account access for one or more eligible account(s).
- You represent that you have the power, authority, and capacity to accept these Terms.
- The Discover skill is intended for individual cardmembers eighteen (18) years of age or older.
Linking your Account
- To enable the Discover skill:
- Open the Alexa App on your personal device
- Search for Discover in the "Skills" menu
- Select "ENABLE"
- You will be asked to provide your PIN through voice each time you choose to use the Discover skill. If you do not interact with your skill for five (5) minutes, your session will expire and you will have to restate your PIN for security. Once you speak your PIN, the Discover skill session will be active until it terminates or expires. You will be deemed to have authorized any User Request spoken after the PIN is accepted. Do not leave your device before terminating any active Discover skill session. To terminate your session you must say, "Alexa, Stop."
- If you share your PIN with someone else, you authorize them to use any and features of the Discover skill.
- If you do not remember your PIN, you will need to disable and re-link your account in the Alexa skill store.
- If you state your PIN incorrectly three (3) times, you will be locked out of the skill and forced to re-link your account.
- Your User ID and Password will not be shared with Amazon.
- The Discover-hosted log-in page is only visible to you, unless you expose your viewing screen to others or share the page.
- You can unlink your linked account from Discover at any time through the Alexa app.
Data Collection, Sharing and Use
- . You understand and agree that the Discover Responses, Alexa Cards, and Alexa Displays are sent through, and therefore shared with, Amazon. For example, if you request Alexa to tell you your balance on your Discover credit card, you authorize Discover to release that information to Amazon which will then communicate the information to you via Alexa. This information may include partial digits of your linked account, balance on linked accounts, possible amounts you can pay on your bill, most recent charges, available credit, and rewards information including rewards categories and enrollment statuses. Information provided through the Discover skill is not meant to replace your billing statement. If there is an inconsistency between your billing statement and information from the Discover skill, your billing statement governs.
Security and Unauthorized Use
- You are responsible for all interactions with Discover via the skill. For example, it is possible that someone other than you could interact with Discover via the skill, or that someone could overhear you interacting with Discover via the skill and learn information about your Account(s). It is your responsibility to use the skill carefully to ensure that your interactions with Discover, including your PIN, via the skill are not overheard by third parties.
- You are responsible for all interactions with Discover via the skill. For example, it is possible that someone other than you could interact with Discover via the skill, or that someone could overhear you interacting with Discover via the skill and learn information about your account(s). It is your responsibility to use the skill carefully to ensure that your interactions with Discover, including your PIN, via the skill are not overheard by third parties.
- It is solely your responsibility to maintain the physical security of the personal devices you use to access the Alexa App (for example, your dedicated Alexa device, mobile phone, tablet, and/or laptop) ("Personal Devices") and the confidentiality of the information and services accessible through Personal Devices and the Alexa App. You should keep your Personal Devices, your Discover User ID and Password, your Amazon user ID and password, your PIN and other credentials secure in the same manner that you would keep secure PIN and passwords that you wish to keep private and confidential.
- . Anyone with whom you share your Personal Devices, your Discover User ID and Password, your Amazon user ID and password, and/or PIN will be able to use the Discover skill and/or the Alexa App and have access to information and services you have accessed via Alexa. Any such individual shall be deemed an authorized user of the skill who is using Amazon, Alexa and/or the Discover skill (as the case may be) with your consent. You should not share such credentials with anyone whom you would not wish to have access to your private information. You should always use available security and lock features on your Personal Devices. If you do not utilize the lock screen feature of your Personal Devices or log out of the Alexa App, the messages and other information contained in the Alexa App, including the Alexa Cards, will be accessible to anyone with access to your Personal Devices.
- Do not include any sensitive personal information (for example, your linked account number, Social Security Number, etc.) in a session with Alexa.
- Please note we will never ask you for, state, or otherwise include your linked account number or other sensitive information via Alexa or in any emails. If you receive a message that you believe could be fraudulent, please contact our credit card fraud department immediately at 866-240-7938.
- If you believe: (1) someone has gained unauthorized access to your Personal Device, Discover User ID or Password, Amazon user ID or password, or PIN; or (2) your Personal Device, Discover User ID or Password, Amazon user ID or password, or PIN has been or may be lost, stolen or otherwise compromised in any way, to avoid any unauthorized access to your personal information you should immediately:
- disable the Discover skill through Discover.com or through the Alexa app;
- change your (potentially) compromised credentials, and
- notify the party issuing your compromised credentials.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect fraudulent or abusive activity relating to your linked account.
- Your Discover User ID and Password are not visible to or shared with Amazon. Discover will share Discover Responses, Alexa Cards, and Alexa Displays with Amazon for the purpose of responding to your User Requests.
Third Party Agreements and Security Settings
- Amazon and third party services or sites incorporated with Amazon or linked through the Discover skill have their own Terms. You are subject to these Terms when you use the Discover skill. You are responsible for reviewing and accepting all applicable Third Party Agreements before using the Discover skill.
- When you set up your Alexa device with the Discover skill, you authorize Discover to provide information to the device based on the device's security settings. For example, the settings on your device may allow the device to retrieve information about your account(s) based on only verbal requests from anyone who uses your device or save information about your account(s) for easier access. By enabling the Discover skill on your Alexa-enabled device, you are responsible for how the skill is used (including any communication to or from Discover via your device).
Disclaimer of Liability
- You understand and agree that Alexa and your Personal Devices are provided by third parties of your choosing and that Discover shall have no responsibility or liability for the performance of Alexa or your Personal Devices, including the failure of Alexa to correctly and timely communicate any User Request.
- We may amend these Terms at any time in our sole discretion and yyour continued use of the Discover skill confirms your acceptance of any such amendment(s). We will indicate that amendments to these terms have been made by updating the date indicated after "Last date modified" at the beginning of these terms.
- We reserve the right to limit your access or terminate any and all aspects of the Discover skill at any time, for any reason without notice.
- Communications. You agree that we may communicate with you about matters related to the Discover skill and your use of the same through (a) oral communications provided through Alexa or (b) electronic communications delivered via our website, mobile app, push notification, or email to the email address you have on file for your linked account. We may always, in our sole discretion, also provide you with any such communication on paper, even if you have authorized or requested electronic delivery.
- Arbitration: You agree that unless you have previously rejected arbitration pursuant to the terms of your Cardmember Agreement, that Arbitration section shall apply to any dispute arising out of or relating to your access and use of the Discover skill.
- No Waiver: Our failure in any instance to exercise or enforce any provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such provision or any other provision.
- Severability: If any part of these Terms are found to be invalid under the law, then we agree to consider it to be automatically revised so that it complies with the law and fits to our original intent as closely as possible. The rest of these Terms will continue to apply.
- Governing Law: These terms are governed by Delaware law, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of or related to these terms shall be in an appropriate state or federal court located in Delaware.
- Third Party Beneficiaries: Either of us, including any of the Discover family of companies, is entitled to enforce rights under these Terms. Otherwise, no other person or company will be a third party beneficiary to these Terms.
- Assignment. If we need to, we may assign rights under these Terms to another party. You may not assign your rights under these Terms.
- No Warranty. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE DISCOVER SKILL, AND THAT THE SKILL IS PROVIDED "AS IS". DISCOVER DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES PROVIDED AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED, EXPRESSED, OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES PROVIDED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DISCOVER OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE DISCOVER SKILL WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Limitation of Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DISCOVER AND EACH OF ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE DISCOVER SKILL, EVEN IF DISCOVER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS EITHER DO NOT ALLOW OR PLACE RESTRICTIONS UPON THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DAMAGES IN CERTAIN TYPES OF AGREEMENTS; FOR THESE JURISDICTIONS, THE AFOREMENTIONED LIMITATION ON LIABILITY SHALL BE TO THE MAXIMUM DEGEE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Trademark Information. DISCOVER and the other trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed in connection with the Discover skill are the trademarks of Discover, its affiliates or their respective third party owners. Under no circumstances may you alter, modify, or change these trademarks. You are prohibited from using these trademarks for any purpose without written permission.