- Social Security number and income
- account balances and payment history
- transaction history and credit history
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Discover Bank share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes—such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes—to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes—information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
- Visit us online: DiscoverStudentLoans.com/Privacy
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Who we are
What we do
- open an account or apply for a loan
- give us your contact information or pay your bills
- provide employment information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
- our affiliates include companies with a Discover or DFS name and financial companies such as Diners Club International Ltd., PULSE Network LLC, The Student Loan Corporation, DB Servicing Corporation, GTC Insurance Agency, Inc., and HLC Settlement Services, Inc.
- nonaffiliates we share with can include service providers
- our joint marketing partners can include institutions such as insurance companies
Other important information
Vermont Residents—Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates or affiliates.
California Residents—Except as permitted by law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates or joint marketing partners while you are a resident of California.
Nevada Residents—To be placed on our Do Not Call list you may callor mail a request to Discover Student Loans, PO Box 30948, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0948. For additional information, please visit DiscoverStudentLoans.com. You may also contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101, call or e-mail BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us. This notice is provided pursuant to state law.