Easy Design Ideas to Improve Your Home
There's something about an upgraded look that amps up a home's sense of luxury. But that result doesn't have to come at a high price. From fresh paint jobs to simple landscaping to partial room renovation, the goal is to make a home look nicer or more expensive—for less. These strategies work for your wallet, your well-being or if you're at the point where you're staging your home to sell. Check out these budget-conscious upgrades and design ideas that will easily take your home from drab to fab:
- Freshen up the look your landscaping and increase your home's value by 20 percent.
- Swap out your old door for a steel one and get a 90 percent return on investment.
- Install simple subway tile for a bold look without the bold price—$2 to 8 per square foot.
- Put hardwood floors on your main level. With a return on investment of 102 percent, durable hardwood is a no-brainer.
- Say goodbye to dated light fixtures and find lights online for as little as $21.
These are only a few of the ideas included in our infographic below. Find many more money saving tips, unique home refresh ideas and smart tech solutions.
Using a home equity loan can cover the costs of any combination of these upgrades. Now you can make your home look expensive without breaking the bank.