Cash Back for Good Grades
Get $20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.2
Whatever You Earn Your First Year, We Match
At the end of your first year, we'll add up ALL the cash back you've earned on your student card, and match every bit of it. Automatically. only for new cardmembers.3
5% Cash Back
5% cash back in categories that change each quarter, up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up.* Plus 1% cash back on all other purchases.5% Cashback Calendar
Compare Discover it® for Students
|Discover it® for Students Card||Capital One®
|Citi Thank You®
Preferred Card for College Students
|No Annual Fee*|
|$20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years2|
|5% cash back in categories that change each quarter offered to all cardmembers up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up.|
|1% cash back on all other purchases with no cap|
Comparison conducted by an independent research firm and based on competitor data compiled on March 2016, from company websites, customer service agents, and consumer credit offers.
Switch your Discover student credit card off or on in seconds
If you come home at night, but realize your credit card stayed out, Freeze ItSM until you find it with our app. You'll stop any new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. And you can unfreeze it just as easily.5
First of all, you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover student credit card. We monitor every purchase, every day and let you know if we spot anything suspicious.
Serving you at college or at home
When you want to talk to a real person, call our U.S. based customer service representatives who are available any time. And we won't waste your time by trying to sell you other products when you call. our powerful mobile app and online service is at your fingertips. If you ever need a replacement credit card, you can request free overnight shipping to any U.S. street address.7
- 1. Reviews: Discover it card's average "Overall Rating" based on reviews by cardmembers as seen at https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/it-card/reviews
- 2. Good Grades Rewards: Good Grade Reward only available to new cardmembers on or after 7/23/2015 who indicate on their application that they are currently enrolled in college, and whose accounts are current and remain open when the Good Grade Reward is requested. Students with a Discover it® or Discover it® chrome card who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent) during a School Year (September - August) may apply at Discover.com for a $20 Cashback Bonus ("Good Grade Reward"). One Good Grade Reward per School Year, per account, up to a maximum of five(5) consecutive years from the date your account is opened. Terms of Good Grade Reward Offer are subject to change.
- 3. Cashback MatchTM: After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, Your cash back will not be matched.You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- 4. Redeem Any Amount Any Time: We will credit your account with your cash back bonus balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months. See rewards terms and conditions.
- 5. Freeze it:When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- 6. FICO Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score and key factors are based on data from TransUnion and may be different from other credit scores. This information is intended for and only provided to the Primary cardmembers who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score is provided on the statement for individual accounts and on Discover.com with key factors for individual and joint accounts. You will see up to a year of recent scores starting when you become a cardmember. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as a FICO® Credit Score, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- 7. Free Overnight Card Replacement: Overnight shipping is not available to P.O boxes or addresses outside the U.S Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
- * Intro purchase APR is 0% for 6 months from date of account opening ; then the standard purchase APR applies.Intro Balance Transfer APR is 10.99% for 6 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by August 10, 2016 ; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: 13.24% variable to 22.24% variable, based on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 25.24% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $.50. Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer. Annual Fee: None. Rates as of April 30, 2016. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.