Making Your Payment
Discover Card offers a variety of convenient ways to make your monthly payment:
- Online - Free!
- By phone
- By mail
- Direct payment from your bank account
- Via Western Union by wiring a cash payment
Available 24/7 to Cardmembers registered for the Account Center.
- Enroll and make a payment the same day
- Pay before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time and your payment will post the same day (if scheduled for that day)
- Schedule payments up to your due date when it's convenient for you
- Save on stamps, envelopes and checks
View important information about paying online.
You can call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) 24/7 to make a payment by phone.
- You'll need your bank routing and transit information, and your bank account number
- Payments made by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time will be credited that evening
- Payments made after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time Sunday through Thursday will be credited to your account the next day
- Payments made after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday will be credited to your account on Sunday
Your monthly statement lists purchases, balance transfers and cash advances you've made, as well as any payments or credits to your account - and also includes a detachable payment form to send in with your payment.
- Pay with a personal check, cashier's check or money order (never send cash!)
- Please write your account number on the "memo" line
- To avoid late fees, always allow 7—10 days for your payment to reach us
Arrange to have your Discover Card payment (whether it's your minimum payment or your account balance) automatically deducted from your bank account each month. It takes about 45—60 days for your direct payment enrollment to go into effect and you can change the terms of your plan at any time.
Please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) for more information.
You can wire a cash payment to Discover Card from any Western Union location. Payments received via Western Union are usually credited within 24 hours.
- You must provide our code city name - WESTPAY, IL - to ensure your payment is properly forwarded to Discover Card
- You'll also need to provide your account number and our company name (Discover Card)
- The maximum allowable transaction amount is $5,000
- Western Union charges an upfront fee to process your payment, and both your Discover Card payment and the Western Union fee must be made in cash
For your nearest Western Union Agent, call 1-800-325-6000.
Looking for Answers?
View our Making Online Payments FAQ's