- Benefits and Tools
- Customer Service
- Discover Products
- Balance Transfers and Cash
Manage My Account
- Online Account Management
- Enhanced Account Security
- Add Person to Account
- Card Design and Replacement
- Change Rewards Program
- Change Username & Password
- Closing a Discover Card Account
- Downloads and Copies
- New Card Activation
- Chip Card
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Online Statements and Transactions
- Update My Information
- Website Technical Support
- Financial Hardship
Not a Cardmember?Apply Now
Update My Information
How to set your account to your own specifications.
Can I change my address, phone number and e-mail address online?
Yes, you can change your address, phone number, and email address online, as well as your user ID and password and your bank information. To update any of this information, log in to the Account Center and then click on "Account Profile". Once you are in your personal profile, click on the link that says "Update Your Personal Information".
Not registered for the Account Center? Register Now.
How can I change my user ID?
Log in to your account and click on "Account Profile". Once you are in your personal profile, under "Account Information", locate your current user ID and click the "Edit" button to make changes.
Can you help me choose a user ID?
Yes. Your user ID should be something that others can't guess but is easy for you to remember without writing it down. It's a good idea to use something personal that only you would know.
You should also consider:
- Your user ID must be 6 to 16 characters, is not case sensitive, and can include special characters except for (`) (‘) (“) (\) and spaces
- As an added security measure, your user ID and password cannot be the same, and must not look like your card account number or social security number
- Always use different logins across banking, email and social media accounts
- Avoid using personal information such as family or pet names, your birthday, or address
- It might be helpful to use a word you can remember, while replacing some of the letters with numbers or special characters (e.g., Orang3)
How do I change my password?
Log in to your account and click on "Account Profile". Once you are in your personal profile, under "Account Information", locate your current password (it will be asterisks) and click the "Edit" button to make changes.
Can you help me choose a new password?
- Yes. A good password should be easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess. It might be helpful to use a word you can remember, while replacing some of the letters with numbers or special characters (e.g., P@55w0rd).
You should also consider:
- Your password must be 8-32 characters and contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. It is case sensitive, can include all special characters, and must not match your user ID
- You should avoid using personal information such as family or pet names, your birthday, address, or social security number
- For an added layer of security, consider using a passphrase. Passphrases are longer, multi-word passwords that can include spaces, such as “ Orang3 is my favorit3 color!”
Didn't find an answer to your question? Send us a Secure E-mail
Not a Cardmember? Apply Now