- Benefits and Tools
- Customer Service
- Discover Products
- Balance Transfers and Cash
Manage My Account
- Online Account Management
- Enhanced Account Security
- Add Person to Account
- Card Design and Replacement
- Change Rewards Program
- Change Username & Password
- Closing a Discover Card Account
- Downloads and Copies
- New Card Activation
- Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- Online Statements and Transactions
- Update My Information
- Website Technical Support
- Financial Hardship
Not a Cardmember?Apply Now
All Payment Methods
All the methods you can use to pay your Discover Card.
- What are my options for making a payment to my Discover Card account?
- What are my payment requirements?
- If I want to send a check to pay my bill, where should I send it?
- Can I set up my payment so that it is automatically deducted from my personal bank account each month?
- How can I make my payment from a Sears store?
- How do I make a payment via Western Union?
- What's the fastest method for posting a payment to my account?
- Are there any convenience fees assessed with any of the payment methods offered?
- How far before my due date should I schedule my payment if I use a bill payment service to pay my Discover Card account?
What are my options for making a payment to my Discover Card account?
You can make a payment online, over the phone, by mail, at select Sears retail store locations and via Western Union. If you would like to make a payment over the phone, contact us 24/7 at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).
You also can make a payment via your mobile device as long as you are enrolled in Online Payments. Once enrolled, you can begin making payments via your mobile phone by signing onto the Discover Mobile website using your Account Center user ID and password, clicking the "Payments" tab and selecting the "Make a Payment" option.
What are my payment requirements?
Please see below for more information on payment posting:
- Payments submitted before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) with a payment posting date of the same day will be posted to your account that day
- After 5:00 p.m. EST, payments cannot be submitted with a posting date of that same day
- Payments scheduled for the future will post on date selected
- Online payments scheduled, but not yet posted, can be canceled online up until 5:00 p.m. EST on the Payment Posting Date and will not post to your account
- Phone payments scheduled, but not yet posted, can be canceled online up until 5:30 p.m. EST on the Payment Posting Date and will not post to your account
If I want to send a check to pay my bill, where should I send it?
Discover Financial Services
P.O. Box 6103
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6103
Note: Please remember to always pay with a personal check, cashier's check or money order, and never send cash. Please write your account number on the "memo" line, and to avoid late fees, always allow 7—10 days for your payment to reach us.
Can I set up my payment so that it is automatically deducted from my personal bank account each month?
Yes. You can arrange to have your Discover Card payment (whether it's your minimum payment or your account balance) automatically deducted from your bank account each month. It takes about 45—60 days for your direct payment enrollment to go into effect and you can change the terms of your plan at any time.
How can I make my payment from a Sears store?
Check with your local Sears store to verify they accept Discover Card payments; any sales associate can assist with your payment.
Sears requires a physical card to be present for all cash payments. If paying by check, including cashier's check or money order, the card is not required; however, the full account number must be written on the check. Remember to keep your receipt to confirm payment
How do I make a payment via Western Union?
You can wire a cash payment to Discover Card from any Western Union location. Payments received via Western Union are usually credited within 24 hours.
- You must provide our code city name - WESTPAY, IL - to ensure your payment is properly forwarded to Discover Card
- You'll also need to provide your Account number and our company name (Discover Card)
- The maximum allowable transaction amount is $5,000
- Western Union charges an upfront fee to process your payment; both your Discover Card payment and the Western Union fee must be made in cash
For your nearest Western Union Agent, call 1-800-325-6000.
What's the fastest method for posting a payment to my account?Payments made either online or by phone before 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time will post for that same day.
Are there any convenience fees assessed with any of the payment methods offered?
We do not impose any convenience fees for any of our payment options.
How far before my due date should I schedule my payment if I use a bill payment service to pay my Discover Card account?
The time it takes a payment to reach us depends on how it is handled by the bill payment service or bank. Some services, for example, process payment requests only once a day or once a week, while others process the requests electronically, but then send paper checks. Processing time may also be affected by weekends and bank holidays. To learn how your bill payment service or bank processes your payment requests, please contact them directly.
A faster way to make sure your payment is credited to your account is to pay online in the Account Center by clicking on the "Payments" tab and selecting "Make a Payment".
- Same-day payments can be made prior to 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time.
- You can also schedule payments up to your due date.
Not registered for the Account Center? Register Now.
Didn't find an answer to your question? Send us a Secure E-mail
Not a Cardmember? Apply Now