our $250,000 Grand
The promotion has ended. Thanks for participating. Check out our winners.
April 1 - July 31, 2014
Free gas for a year*
1 lucky Cardmember won the
$250,000 Grand Prize
Every other Discover card purchase earned
*No purchase or transaction necessary to enter or win. Gas Prize awarded as a $7,000 check. See Official Rules for details.
- +–Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to sign up to enter the Discover Fuel the Fun Giveaway?
No, you do not need to sign up. By receiving an invitation, you are automatically eligible. See Official Rules below for complete details.
How do I participate in the Giveaway?
You can enter by making a purchase or taking a cash advance between April 1st and July 31st, 2014. Balance Transfer and Protection Product transactions do not qualify for entries. See Official Rules below for complete details on qualifying transactions and how you can enter by mail.
Will I still earn rewards on these purchases?
Yes, you will earn rewards on all of your purchases.
What does "no purchase or transaction necessary" mean?
In addition to earning an automatic entry by making a purchase or cash advance transaction, you can also enter the Giveaway by mail. See Official Rules below for complete details on how to enter by mail.
What does Free Gas for a Year mean?
Winners will be awarded a $7,000 check issued by Discover®. See Official Rules below for complete details.
Are all Discover Cardmembers eligible for the Giveaway?
No, only select Cardmembers have been invited to be a part of the Giveaway.
I have another account with Discover. Do purchases and transactions on that account qualify as entries in the Giveaway?
Only purchases on the account specified in an invitation are eligible for the Giveaway. An invitation can be a letter, an e-mail or a link displayed in the Tools & Features section of the Account Center when you log in to your Discover.com account.
- +–Official Rules
DISCOVER PRODUCTS INC.
DISCOVER® FUEL THE FUN GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The Discover® Fuel The Fun Giveaway (the "Promotion") is sponsored by Discover Products Inc., 2500 Lake Cook Rd., Riverwoods, IL 60015 (the "Sponsor"). As used in these Official Rules, "Discover card" means a credit card used to purchase goods and services or obtain cash advances through open-end revolving credit issued by Discover Bank; it does not include credit cards issued by any other entities, or debit or gift cards issued by Discover Bank.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "Promotion" is open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C. who are cardholders of Discover Bank issued credit cards, 18 years of age or older as of 3/31/14, and are the intended recipients of an invitation ("invitation") from Discover Products Inc. to participate in the Promotion. The invitation could be in the form of a letter, an email or a Promotion link displayed in the Tools & Features section of the Account Center when the intended cardholder logs into his/her Discover.com account. Employees of Discover Products Inc. ("Sponsor"), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on potential winners, and such potential winners must cooperate with Sponsor as a condition of prize award.
2. HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: The Promotion begins 12:00:00 AM (ET) (start of day) on 4/1/14 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 7/31/14 ("Promotion Period") and is comprised of 4 separate monthly entry periods (each a "Monthly Entry Period"). Each Monthly Entry Periods begin 12:00:00 (Start of Day) ET on the first day of that month and continues through 11:59:59 PM ET on the last day of that month. A total of 40 Monthly Prizes (10 per Monthly Entry Period) will be awarded. In addition, all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered into the Grand Prize Random Drawing. See Rule #3 and Rule #4 for entry details and deadlines.
3. HERE'S HOW TO ENTER:
To receive 1 entry: You will receive 1 entry into a Monthly Random Drawing and the Grand Prize Random Drawing each time you use your Discover card to make a purchase or take a cash advance ("Transaction") during the Promotion Period. To see how to receive 1 entry without making a Transaction, see Rule #4.
To receive 25 entries: You will receive 25 entries into a Monthly Random Drawing and the Grand Prize Random Drawing each time you use your Discover card to make a qualifying Gas Transaction during the Promotion Period. Gas Transactions are those made at merchants classified as stand-alone gas stations. If a Transaction is coded for a category other than gas, it will not qualify to receive 25 entries, but will receive 1 entry as defined above. Eligibility classification of a Transaction is at Sponsor's sole discretion. To see how to receive 25 entries without making a gas Transaction, see Rule #4.
Transactions must post to your account by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on the last day of a Monthly Entry Period to be included in that month's Monthly Random Drawing only. Monthly Random Drawing entries will not be rolled over into subsequent Monthly Random Drawings.
NOTE: Beginning 4/24/14, visit www.discover.com/fuelthefun to log in and view how many transaction-based entries you have earned via the online "Entry Tracker."
Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for transaction-based entries that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system for any reason; or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephonic, paper-transfer, or human error, or electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction, damage, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any combination thereof.
IMPORTANT: Entry Tracker does not account for entries received via Rule #4 below.
Only purchases made with the Discover card referenced in your Discover Fuel The Fun Giveaway invitation will be eligible for entry into this Promotion.
The following do not qualify for entry: i) balance transfers; ii) the purchase of optional products including, but not limited to, identity theft protection, wallet protection, credit score tracker and payment protection; iii) transactions made with lost or stolen cards or stolen card numbers; iv) transactions made with prepaid cards, stored value cards or gift cards; v) transactions made with debit cards; or vi) transactions made with other Discover cards not referenced in your Discover Fuel The Fun Giveaway invitation.
4. NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION NECESSARY:
To receive 1 entry into a Monthly Random Drawing and the Grand Prize Random Drawing without making a qualifying Transaction with a Discover card, hand print your full name, street address (no post office box addresses accepted), city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), last 4 digits of account number as it appears on your Discover Fuel The Fun Giveaway invitation, and daytime phone number on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper ("mailed entry") and mail in a stamped hand-addressed business-size envelope to: Discover Fuel The Fun Giveaway, P.O. Box 5616, Blair, NE 68009-5616. IMPORTANT: You must indicate the Monthly Random Drawing (April, May, June or July) you wish to enter, on the lower left of the front of your mailing envelope. For each such eligible mailed entry received, you will receive 1 Entry.
To receive 25 entries into a Monthly Random Drawing and the Grand Prize Random Drawing without making a qualifying gas Transaction with a Discover card, hand print your full name, street address (no post office box addresses accepted), city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), last 4 digits of account number as it appears on your Discover Fuel The Fun Giveaway invitation, and daytime phone number on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper ("mailed entry") and mail in a stamped hand-addressed business-size envelope to: Discover Fuel The Fun Giveaway, P.O. Box 5616, Blair, NE 68009-5616. IMPORTANT: You must indicate the Monthly Random Drawing (April, May, June or July) you wish to enter AND hand print the words "25 Entries" on the lower left of the front of your mailing envelope. For each such eligible mailed entry received, you will receive 25 Entries.
To be eligible for a Monthly Random Drawing, your mailed entry must be received no later than 5 business days after the last date of the month you have indicated on your mailing envelope. Mailed entries received more than 5 days after the month indicated on the envelope will be disqualified for any Monthly Random Drawings but will be included in the Grand Prize Random Drawing. Mailed entries must be received by 8/7/14 to be included in the final Monthly Random Drawing and the Grand Prize Random Drawing. Limit one indicated month per mailed entry. Limit one 3" x 5" paper per outer mailing envelope. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Illegible entries are void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, postage due, misdirected entries or entries not received in time for the random drawing(s).
5. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received for each Monthly Prize Drawing to award the prizes indicated in Rule 6. Drawings will be conducted within 5 business days of the entry deadline for each Monthly Entry Period. The Grand Prize Random Drawing will be conducted on 8/15/14 from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Drawings will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a Monthly Prize will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each Monthly Random Drawing. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Winners will be notified by mail/phone.
6. PRIZES & VALUES: One (1) Grand Prize — $250,000 (to be awarded as a wire transfer to winner's bank account. In the event winner does not have a bank account, prize will be awarded in the form of a check); Forty (40) Monthly Prizes (10 per month) – Each Monthly Prize of free gas for a year will be awarded in the form of a $7,000 check. (Gas for a year award amount is an estimate derived from 2010 U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics data with adjustments for expected taxes, household size and current gas prices.) Limit one prize per person. All federal, state and local income taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners may make no substitution or transfer of prize.
In the event that there is more than one authorized person on a Discover card account, the primary Discover card account holder will be deemed the winner. Prizes consist of only the item specifically listed as the prize. Winner's account must be open and not be in default (as defined in the Discover Cardmember Agreement) as of the date of the random drawing in which winner was selected.
7. GENERAL RULES: Potential Prize winners will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release/Prize Acceptance Form which must be completed and returned within seven (7) business days of attempted notification. Winners will be required to execute a W9 form and their winnings will be reported to the IRS, as is required by law. If the winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian who will be required to sign the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release/Prize Acceptance Form. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor will conduct a background check on the potential Grand Prize winner and may conduct background checks on potential Monthly Prize winners, in its sole discretion. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by Sponsor to help ensure that his/her participation in the Promotion will not, in Sponsor's sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. Any potential winner who refuses to agree to a background investigation will be disqualified and alternate will be selected. Any potential winner who has been convicted of a felony, based on the results of the background investigation, may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to hold Discover Products Inc. and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the respective directors, officers, employees, and assigns of each (collectively, "Released Parties"), harmless against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person arising out of use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use, in their sole discretion, each winner's name and state of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising/trade in any and all media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Monthly Prize winners agree that their first name, last initial and state may be displayed on the Discover website. Cardholders can opt out of the Promotion by calling 1-800-DISCOVER. Opting out of the Promotion will opt Cardholders out of all future Discover card prize promotions. All materials submitted become sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties are not responsible for computer, network, technical, printing, typographical, human or other errors, problems or malfunctions relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prizes, the processing of entries or in any Promotion -related materials; or for Transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system for any reason; or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephonic, paper-transfer, or human error, or electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction, damage, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any combination thereof. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Promotion. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such action. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. By participating in this Promotion, entrants (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor may prohibit a participant from participating or winning a prize (and void all associated entries) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor's representatives.
8. WINNERS: Names of the prize winners will be posted periodically at www.discover.com/fuelthefunwinners beginning on or about 5/17/14.