Start redeeming now with Apple Pay
- 1. Select your Discover card in Apple Pay and make a qualifying purchase*
- 2. Select "Tap for Details" under the Discover redemption message in Apple Wallet
- 3. Then tap to redeem your Cashback Bonus as a statement credit in the amount of your purchase
* T-mobile customers may not be able to redeem their Cashback Bonus in Apple Pay. See frequently asked questions for qualifying purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to be a qualifying purchase, it must be an Apple Pay purchase made with your Discover card on your mobile phone. The purchase must be greater than $1.00, but it must be less than or equal to your available Cashback Bonus.
Right now, this program is only available to select cardmembers. But here are some other reasons why you may not be able to redeem your Cashback Bonus from your Apple Wallet:
- You don't have the Discover Mobile app installed on your device
- Your available Cashback Bonus is less than the amount of your purchase
- You have not turned on "Show Updates" in your Wallet & Apple Pay settings
- Your carrier is T-Mobile. Try connecting the device to WiFi
- You aren't the primary cardholder on this account
- You're making a foreign transaction
Yes, you still earn rewards on your Apple Pay purchases—just like you do when you use your card—even if you redeem Cashback Bonus for that purchase.
You can redeem the amount of your purchase, as long as you have enough available Cashback Bonus balance at the time of redemption.
If you return an item from your Apple Pay purchase and redeemed Cashback Bonus for that purchase, you will receive a credit from the merchant for the returned merchandise.
However, redeeming rewards for statement credit is final. It will not be credited back to your Cashback Bonus balance.