Donations & Sponsorships
Discover believes in being a good corporate citizen, particularly in communities where our employees live and work.
Discover initiates the vast majority of its donations and sponsorships. We are committed to supporting the many volunteer efforts of our employees and have an interest in supporting financial education. If you believe your organization aligns with our charitable interests and fulfills our criteria below, please access our online grant application tool.
All criteria must be met prior to submitting requests.
- Organization must be 501(c)3 status
- Organization must not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, handicap, age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law
- Organization must allow Discover Financial Services to use its name and/or logo in communication materials; Discover Financial Services name/logo usage must first be approved by Community Affairs.
Funds must not benefit:
- Organizations with specific religious affiliations
- Political candidates, causes, organizations or campaigns
- Endowments or capital campaigns
- Fundraising activities, such as galas, benefits, dinners and sporting events
- Goodwill advertising, souvenir journals or dinner programs
- Individual needs, including scholarships, sponsorships and other forms of financial aid
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Books, magazines or articles in journals
- Any other activities deemed not appropriate for support